Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fundraising Complete!

I am officially done fundraising and I still can't believe thel $5000 was raised. It's all because of every one of you and it's just amazing that we pulled it off. :)

I leave this Saturday at 4am with a 6am flight. I'm so excited!!! I should arrive in Los Angeles at about 11am (Pacific Time).
And this is when I will begin to take the final steps of the journey we started together in November.

It's amazing how all of this started. I just applied to Continental Singers after hearing positive remarks from a cousin who also was a part of its ministry. The first step was wondering if I'd even get in. It started out as just being a traveling choral group which toured around singing the type of music I liked and spreading beliefs that I shared. Through all of the fundraising stages and learning what the Continental Singers actually are, as a ministry, I have learned an incredible amount about myself, God, my faith, my family, and my church community and I haven't even gone on the trip yet. If I had left for this trip right when I signed up, I only could have imagined I was spiritually ready for it. At first everyone's generous contributions were supporting me to go on a mission trip of musical ministry. Now I realize that you were giving your money to God, and sending me to do his work. I have a much deeper understanding now than I did in the beginning and it would not be so without your help. God Bless You All.

Be with me on the last leg of the journey to spread the love and word of God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill! Just trying it out. I liked the opening letter you wrote. It's going to be a great experience for you. We're all really proud of you. Love,
Aunt Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill
Don't have too much fun because I'll be jealous and
watch out for those smooth singing guys.
Take a lot of pictures so we know exactly what
you did.

Be careful
Love you
Dad

Anonymous said...

My eyes are watering and I have goosebumps reading your message. May you not only spread God's love through this ministry but also be filled with the blessing of his overwhelming presence in your life.
My best. Karen Gallmon