Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Long drive ahead!

So I think tomorrow, We're off to Idaho. I think it's like a 6-8 hour drive. I'm excited. That means a lot of sleepy time!

yes mom, my garment bag was the right type. but the zipper broke. If you could send me a new one, that would be GREAT! and a watch would be nice...and maybe some more black socks because I don't know where all of mine went. haha love yooouuu!

The bus is probably out of the early 80's. It says "Continentals" really big on the side and the seats recline really far. we have to turn off the air conditioning when we go up big hills so that we will have enough energy to get to the top and then coast down and possibly miss a stop sign because the breaks don't work and then the cops pull us over our giant bus full of missionaries and yell at us. Don't worry, we got the breaks fixed. It was kind of a comical situation...but it does get very hot going up the mountains.

So I forget to tell you...our first concert...we have this thing called counseling and it's the part of the concert where people can actually accept Christ into their lives for the first time or rededicate their lives to him. At that time, a group of us go out into the audience and pray for the people with their hands up. The first concert, I was one of the "counselors" and I had the opportunity to pray for a girl about my age that wanted to rededicate her life to Christ. It was a neat experiance to be on that side. Usually I'm the one at the concert being touched by the music. And this time it was someone else whom God touched so much through us, that she wanted to rededicate her life. It was really cool.

Peace Out! I'll update again soon.

PS I really like getting the comments! You guys are awesome. JCAse, you make me laugh every time. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
If you think your drive today was long, wait till tomorrow. Twin Falls ID to Pendleton OR is 5.5 hours. (I’ve taken to mapquest, learning history about the area you’re in, and now using string to draw a travel line on the bulletin board map of the west coast…do I miss you or what?!) So do you change seats on the bus or stay in the same one? Any singing on that bus? How’s your train pillow working?

I’ll see what I can do about getting the garment bag, etc to you before Alaska flight on 7/28.

I recall the Stage Manager when our church hosted the Continentals. You are the one who meets with the church organizer and lays out the stage, changing rooms, etc?

<3 M

William Evertson said...

This sounds like an adventure that defines your time and place. I wouldn't worry that you don't get "hits" from our church because most don't understand the blog world. I blog and get it. .Others, just want to read! There are more people out there than you realize. My reminiscence of our S.D. trips is that you actually wanted to "ride" the buffalo. Right now you are riding the buffalo. Best.

Penni Carroll said...

Hi Jill!

I hope that you had a good drive and an awesome concert tonight. I really enjoyed having you and your compadres stay with me last night. I must say though, as I was doing some laundry this morning, I felt I understood the depth of your gratitude for my hospitality. I found a black sock in the washing machine and knowing what a valuable commodity they are to you and those in your group I felt extremely honored to have been bestowed with a gift such as this. Thank you for your company, your part in helping my son come to Christ for the first time and for the awe inspiring black sock. ;) I will be reading again soon. I am anxious to hear of the good work you are doing in His name. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Hey JC,
This Saturday July 26 - Grace Brethren Church in Kent, WA

***Look for a mid-sized express mail envelope addressed to Shelton Sugg with a note to “hold for Jillian Crouch”. Don’t miss the bright orange envelope hidden inside… you’ll find a surprise :0

The itinerary says you’re performing outdoors at this church. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

sweet sweet jull,
i would like to apologize in advance for filling up your facebook wall. its my way of coping with your absance.

also, 80s bus with nonworking brakes and faulty air conditioning?! its like my saturn except SO MUCH COOLER. hope your soaking in every detail like a sponge cause i cant wait to hear about everything. it sounds like your experience so far has been unbelievably beautiful, i miss you like crazy!

exhuberantly,
j.case

p.s. briny is tan. its freakin me out.