Saturday, July 26, 2008

Washington!!!

So tonight I am staying in Yakima, WA. There are 8 girls staying in this house and we're having a lot of fun.

I thought I'd tell you all about the actual show we are doing. We start out with the musical "The Dreamer". It is the story of Joseph, written by Cam Floria, the president of Continentals. It's a 48 minute show that is kind of like Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, but not... After that, we leave and come back in another outfit (black pants and pink shirt) and we sing 6 more songs. In between songs we have different things like an "invitation" which is an invitation to accept Jesus as your savior for the first time or as a rededication. We have a presentation for "Compassion" which is a child sponsor organization. Then we have an offering which is mainly being used to get us to Alaska right now. (we originally needed to raise $3500 as a tour and we are getting pretty close.) That's about it. It's fun!

People are telling me to get off the pc now so I must go. But until then, I will miss you all a whole heck of a lot.

monday i'll be in alaska.

ps mom and dad, our Kent concert was canceled for another concert in kent...so i don't know how I'm gonna get the package (could you call the church???)

4 comments:

Penni Carroll said...

Jill,

This blog is such a great idea. I am enjoying reading about your travels. Brenden wants to be baptized! He wants to do it with me and his sister, Brooks, though. So he has been talking to her about your concert. I'm not sure how to handle it though because I don't want Brooks to feel pressured so I am going to arrange a meeting with our Pastor for both the kids, seperately. We are putting money in a jar for our sponsored brother and sister too. That was a really great idea that the kids have latched on to. Keep up the good work! Tell Annie, Cara and Claire that I said Hi!
Love in Christ~
Penni Carroll

Anonymous said...

oh ok now i'm caught up... whoops i commented on an old blog hope you read it!
miss you lots!! MWAH
ps the word i have to type to verify i'm a person for this comment is jeohh. just thought you'd like to know that

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now I am caught up! We had a great time in South Dakota and thought of you often. I really enjoyed my time with Claire and getting to know her better. I'm thrilled that you got to see buffalo and guess what, we did too! I haven't seen them since our first year, so I was very excited! We saw them right by Wind Cave, so I thought that was very profound. Sounds like all is well with you and you are growing in the Spirit! I'm thrilled for you. Keep the faith!
Love, Nancy D.

Anonymous said...

Jill,

Your trip sounds wonderful! Wow - Alaska!! I look forward to reading how you like it there, and what your concerts, etc. will be like.

Peace,

Tom K.