Monday, July 21, 2008

Host Homes

Thank you to everyone who has hosted me. You've all been great and without you our ministry would not be possible. Please keep in touch and feel free to comment on any postings.

Thank you to:
The Anderson family (Riverside) -Thanks for putting up with us for 2 nights. :) I had a lot of fun and have a new appreciation for frozen yogurt!
Bev (Fresno, CA) -Your "eggs goldenrod" was delicious!
Becky and Steve (Nevada) -Your house is beautiful and I really enjoyed talking with you and hope to see a herd of wild horses tomorrow morning!
Pennie Carroll-I really enjoyed talking to you. Thank you so much for hosting us! It wasn't my black sock that was left, but I'm sure it was left special to you as a going away present. haha Thanks again!
O'Grady family-I had a really great time talking with you. Thank you.
Weber family-Thank you for the delicious breakfast and a wonderful night. I really liked your robotic fish pond :)
Peggy and Darrell-Thank you for taking in all 8 of us girls. We had a lot of fun!
Mark and Charlotte Hooper (AK) - Thank you so much for taking us in for 2 nights! It was really great meeting you and talking with you. All the girls say hi.
Whisenhant family (AK) - Canoeing was AWESOME! I'm so happy we got to do that in Alaska nonetheless. Thank you.
Grandpa Jack and Grandma Joyce (AK)- Alex and I had a wonderful time visiting with you. Thank you for the special hot choc. treat before bed and the delicious breakfast in the morning. You guys are a really cute couple. :)
Hannah Pennell (AK)- Thank you so much for insisting on hosting Selah and I. You guys were so much fun and it was especially cool to be hanging out with hosts our age. I don't regret staying up until 1:30. lol We had an awesome time.
Cleon and Joyce Glaze- I loved visiting with you and learning about the FBI. :) The scones in the morning were delicious! I'll make sure to e-mail you and get the recipe!
Curt and Edie Komning (John Day, OR)- Elliotte and I had a great time at your home. All of your paintings are very beautiful. I'm a little jealous of your talent... :)
Mary- Thank you for taking all 10 of us girls. We had a wonderful time! You're house is beautiful.
Anna and Dave Stewart (Sacramento, CA) - It was so great to spend my night off at your house. I really enjoyed talking with you and learned a lot from our conversations. Thank you also for the DELICIOUS food! :)
Maggie and family- Natisha and I had a great time at your house. It was neat being in a house where the Continentals was literally a part of your lives. Thanks for the huge lunch! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jill, I loved meeting you and Alex. I am so thrilled to see young people serving and loving god. It blessed us so much to let you stay here. I hope the lightening storm was not too disconcerting. The small tv in guest room died, and our remote and dvd on other tv does not work anymore.Tell Alex Hi, and enjoy the LIFE you have and this adventure.
In Christ, Maranatha, Becky S.

Anonymous said...

Oops it is GOD, The LORD, JESUS, (forgot to do caps on prev blog)