Monday, July 21, 2008

Nevada

Hi everyone! You all make me so happy to see 12 comments!!! Right now I'm sitting at my host home's computer in Nevada. They have an awesome house overlooking everything you could imagine. It's so beautiful here. Yesterday, we left Fresno, CA on our bus and drove about 5 hours to South Lake Tahoe. We had a night off (because there was nothing booked) and went out to dinner and then went swimming in the lake. It was soooo beautiful. Last night we had to stay in a hotel because of some confusion with a church and then this morning, we performed at the 11 am service. After that we drove to Nevada (about a 1 1/2 hour drive) Our bus is very old so it is very slow going up hills. And there are a lot of them. It was my first time driving through the mountains and it was really cool. I took lots of pictures.

We had a really good show tonight. The past 2 were full of technical difficulties so tonight's success was definately a blessing. Did I mention to you guys that I'm the stage manager for our tour. That means they picked me to be in charge of setting up and breaking down and things like that. It's a pretty big job and is kind of fun when people have to ask me for things to do. :)

I'm learning a lot about all the different people on my tour and I really love them all so much. I never realized how much having christian friends can make an impact on you. Everyone is truly in love with God and their ability to share stories has brought everyone together even more. I've already been taught so much and have been impacted by the people I've met.

I just wanted to say again how happy I am to be here and that I can't imagine being anywhere else at this moment. A cool thing that happened yesterday: we drove past a herd of buffalo...yes buffalo. I think only the Seeds of Hope people can truly understand this. It was kind of like God telling me this is where I'm suppose to be. I'm missing the South Dakota trip this year and yet I still saw my buffalo that I thought I would have only been able to see in SD. That might be a little far fetched but it was cool for me.

To mom & dad, I'm going to try and call you tomorrow, but you might be working...just an fyi I swam in lake tahoe with my beautiful zebra striped watch on and it ceases to work. and my garment bag ripped. so i am without a watch and sharing a garment bag for the time being. The care package you sent me is awesome and i've been carrying it around with all of my stuffcuz there's so much food, I don't know what to do with it all. I already ate all of the fig neutons...haha
mommy, i really like what you sewed into my pants because whenever I see it I think of you. :)
ps stop using my blog to update on other things. silly goose. my blog. :)


does anyone have any questions they want to ask? miss you all!

pps mom, tomorrow morning I plan to jump rope. We've been fed extremely well and I've probably gained a few!
ppps Jcase, I've actually showed a couple people the pelvic jazz square. they haven't quite mastered it yet. and elyse, everyone really likes the "squeeze the ketchup" move.

pppps i thought we were going to idaho tomorrow but actually we're going to winnemucca...wherever the heck that is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew....we check this blog all the time...
….finally, at this mornings "wake up and check on Jill" we got an update. Everything you wrote about was what we wanted (and needed) to hear. You pulled every emotion out of us (laughter, tears, excitement). Then we read it 5 more times.

Host families, WELCOME!

Too bad about your watch (you must have been very excited to jump into the lake), garment bag (did we get the wrong kind?), and slow bus (does the bus resemble the Re-Member bus? Yikes! Hope it has air conditioning). Oh, your swimming suit that was on back order for this trip, just arrived.

Volleyball coach says you need to check in at 3pm on 8/21. Jump, Jump.

Keep enjoying,
Sending LOTS and LOTS of Love,
Mom & Dad

Today’s news: Claire in SD, Wes at “the boat”

Anonymous said...

One more thing,
I'm pleased to hand the blog baton back to you. You should see what I've been doing to your face book and yahoo account! (just kidding..lol)
<3 M

Anonymous said...

jull!

so the obsession with buffalo continues... LOL! STAGE MANAGER?! thats crazy awesome! im soo proud of you!!! its great to hear that you're ok and getting so much out of this experience.

i love you so much jull and miss you CRAZY much!
exhuberantly,
j.case

p.s. pelvic thrusting tradition: thatta girl.

Anonymous said...

hi jill!!
I'm so glad you got to see buffalo!!! haha i felt a little guilty when we passed a herd in SD this year. (btw i really missed you there but i knew you were doing this and its good to know you're having such a good time. also, i got you some sage from the hill)
Good for you being the stage manager! put that childhood bossiness to use... HA! totally kidding.
love you!
-Elyse